Online Tutorial Training
If a customer is interested in using the Online tutorials at Tomorrow’s Workplace they must first meet with the LSR or Customer Service Representative to develop an Intensive Services Determination (ISD). The LSR or CSR will determine if a customer is eligible for training based on WIA eligibility requirements and identify their need for training. If the Training Coordinator deems that a customer is WIA eligible and there is a need for training because it will make the customer more employable they will be referred to the Career Counselor.
Customers do not have to be approved for the following tutorials: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Project. These are considered Core level activities. Customers will not be put into training if they are only interested in taking the aforementioned tutorials.
When the customer meets with the Training Coordinator they will work together to gather information on the customer’s current status. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Go through an Intensive Services Determination to assess the extent of their job search. This identifies skills and abilities and the efforts they have made in conducting their job search. Levels have been benchmarked according to each industry on the number of resumes that should have been sent out, number of interviews, networking methods and contacts made during the period in which the customer has been unemployed.
• Identify transferable skills to evaluate the capabilities of the customer in other fields.
• Determine the customer’s level of computer knowledge.
• Determine if the Online tutorial training will assist them in securing employment in a demand occupation as identified by the New York State Department of Labor.
• Meet with the Career Counselor to complete Individual Service Strategy.
• Fill out an application for Online tutorial training to determine if the training is necessary for the customer to secure employment in a demand occupation as identified by the New York State Department of Labor.
• The application will be evaluated by a committee who will determine if the customer is approved for the training. If a customer is not approved for training they will remain in Intensive Services and continue their job search.
• The customer will be assigned a monitor to assist them with their training program. The monitor will meet with the customer regularly and will be available to the customer as needed.
• A record will be created in the Individual Referral database. A new record must be created for each Online tutorial training series the customer is taking.
Every customer is required to take a pre-test prior to beginning the Online tutorial training. Customers must take a test after completion of each Online tutorial. If the tutorial is included in a series, a test will be administered after every Online in the series. Customers must take a post-test after completion of each Online tutorial training series on Qwiz.
Customers must spend at least 12 hours per week minimum doing their Online tutorial training. Hours spent in the Center for other purposes do not count toward their 12 required training hours.
Customers will be assigned and must meet with a training monitor once a week to review their progress and get assistance with the training. The instructor will discuss any issues or problems the customer might be facing that is hindering their training. The instructor will document the meeting in the customer’s activity log. The instructor will oversee and monitor the customer’s training and administer the tests. Scores will be recorded in the Test Scores Database in their individual file in the database.
A certificate of completion will be issued upon successful achievement of the Online tutorial training.
Customers will be required to meet with a Job Developer one month prior to completion of the Online tutorial training to begin looking for employment. They must meet with the Placement Counselor on a regular basis, once every two weeks, until they find training related employment.
Customers must sign a Participant Agreement in order to commence Online tutorial training.